Anker SoundCore Portable Bluetooth Speakers
Anker SoundCore has black cardboard box is actually quite attractive, is a little misleading on the actual size of the SoundCore as its quite a bit bigger. On the inside you’ll see the speaker is tucked away behind some more cardboard for protection and to the right, a small cardboard sleeve with your micro USB charger. Immediately I was kind of bummed this speaker wasn’t yet using USB-C as it will become the new standard. The speaker is very light, as my similar in size jam box mini seems heavier. It’s nicely built and has a good feel in your hand, check out the Anker SoundCore 2 review.
Powering on the speaker was a breeze by simply holding the power button. It was ready for immediate pairing so I paired it to my iPhone 6S Plus. I started to play PSY’s new song “Daddy” (don’t hate on me just yet, OK?)
- THE ANKER ADVANTAGE: Join the 10 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- SUPERIOR SOUND QUALITY: Experience your music in full-bodied stereo realized through dual high-performance drivers and a unique spiral bass port (patented). Less than 1% total harmonic distortion ensures enhanced clarity and fidelity.
- INCREDIBLE BATTERY LIFE: 24-hour / 500-song playtime powered by a built-in high capacity Li-ion battery and Anker’s industry-leading power management technology.
- BLUETOOTH 4.0 TECHNOLOGY: Compatible with all Bluetooth-enabled devices. Instantly connect to your smartphone or tablet from up to 66 feet away. SoundCore reconnects automatically to the last device used. Built-in mic for hands-free calls.
- WHAT YOU GET: Anker SoundCore Bluetooth speaker, Micro USB charging cable, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty and friendly customer service.
The speaker was quite loud and completely clear at max volume. “Bass” isn’t quite there, but it is clear and not hollow sounding. However, it gave me a beep and disconnected. My iPhone said it was still connected but the music had paused. I didn’t think much of it at first but I wanted to compare sound to my other MUCH used Anker Bluetooth speaker. I’ve supplied some pictures quickly comparing the two. My square Anker speaker sounded just as clear at full volume, albeit not quite as loud. We’re talking maybe a few clicks higher on the volume scale. But, that’s OK. The SoundCore is an attractive speaker and it sounds very nice compared to its price point.
I hooked back up to the SoundCore, and I had connectivity issues again, and again. Finally I was able to get half way through the song while keeping my phone, which was a foot away, paired with the SoundCore.
Overall, it’s another Anker product which means it is attractive, and built well. Competition in its price range may exist, but Anker carries the brand name I trust. My three star rating is due to my issues that seem to be pausing my music. If I hit play, the music typically resumes.
From the manufacturer
Anker SoundCore Bluetooth Speaker with 24-Hour Playtime
The Bluetooth Speaker with Superior Sound and Playtime.
From ANKER, the Choice of 10 Million+ Happy Users
• Industry-Leading Technology
Superior Sound Quality
Wherever life takes you, experience your music with powerful stereo sound and crisp, tight bass. Boasting less than 1% total harmonic distortion, SoundCore sounds great even at the highest volumes.
Incredible Battery Life
Anker’s industry-leading power management technology keeps your tunes playing for up to 24 hours on a single charge—that’s over a week’s worth of playtime (based on average usage).
To keep SoundCore small but also sounding great, we’ve designed it using a unique spiral bass port design. The result is a clean bass sound you can easily pick up and put in your bag.
Bluetooth 4.0 Connectivity
Unlike most other speakers, SoundCore uses the very latest Bluetooth technology to maximize device compatibility and pairing speed.
At Anker, we believe in our products. That’s why we back them all with an 18-month warranty and provide friendly, easy-to-reach support.